In SQL Server Mangement Studio there are some built-in reports, but they do not cover everything you might want to know about your server, databases, tables, indexes or statistics. In addition to the built-in reports, I will create some useful custom reports for SQL Server 2012, and my 8:th report is the ”Identity check” report. This report will show information about:
- All your IDENTIY columns in the database
- The datatype of the IDENTITY columns
- The MAX value of the datatype
- The current value of the IDENTITY
- If there is less than 10% numbers left
- How many records in the table
- If there are any gaps in the IDENTITY column
It’s very important to know if you are about to run out of numbers in the IDENTITY columns so that you can take action before your IDENTITY generates a greater number than your datatype can handle.
Download SQL Server 2012 Management Studio Report at: SQLServiceMonitor_Identiy_check.zip
I will post all my custom reports at this link : www.sqlservice.sesvstartssmscustom_reports.aspx
If you have any feature requests, feel free to send me a tweet.