At this week’s Microsoft Management Summit conference, Microsoft announced the following details about System Center codename “Atlanta:”
– System Center codename “Atlanta” is now named System Center Advisor
– The Release Candidate of System Center Advisor is now available
– With commercial availability targeted for the second half of calendar year 2011, System Center Advisor will only be available as a benefit of Software Assurance for entitled server products, including SQL Server. That means, this service brings new support and maintenance value to Software Assurance coverage at no additional cost!
The key benefits you can experience with System Center Advisor:
– Proactively avoid problems: Increase awareness and proactively avoid problems with server deployments through ongoing assessment and alerting of configuration from a cloud service
– Help resolve issues faster: Resolve issues faster by providing Microsoft or internal support staff current and historical views into configuration to get up to date solutions for any issues
– Help reduce downtime: Help reduce downtime and improve performance of servers through proactive scanning for known configuration issues and comparison with best practices. Check out more or contact one of our consultants to discuss how this can help you get better control of your SQL Server environment.